Friday, July 25, 2014

The Falling of Love by Marisa Oldham




22313947





Summary:



You will never forget your first date, your first kiss, or your first love. You will also never forget how it felt when it was torn apart. 


Seventeen-year old Grace Hathaway does not give much thought to falling in love, until the day that Ian Taylor, rebel and misfit walks into her math class. From their first conversation, Grace is mesmerized by Ian's charisma and rock star façade. 

Ian Taylor, a seventeen-year old kid from the wrong side of the tracks tries to ignore the feelings he has for Grace, but is captured by her caring, non-judgmental personality from the moment they meet. Grace becomes Ian's everything and there is nothing he will not do for her. Hurting her was never part of his plan. 

“The Falling of Love” will take you on a sweet, emotional journey of two young adults falling in love for the first time, and then tear your heart apart when that love is threatened by dishonesty and betrayal. 


Brandi's Review:



I won a copy of this book during a giveaway. I got in the mood for what I thought was going to just be a sweet love story so I picked it up.. Quick and easy....right? I got so much more! Quick? Yes, I couldn't put it down. I told myself that I was just going to read for 30 minutes before bed last night and the next thing I know, I am finished with The Falling of Love and hungering for more!  Easy? No! Now, I am not saying it was hard to read or the style is poor...not at all. I am saying that at times Marisa rips your heart from your chest, this was not your cookie cutter romance. I may have an inside view to the music world with a musician for a husband in real life. I have seen what fame can do to people. That may have attached me to this story even more. I can fully relate to being 17 and in love....deep crazy love...with a musician. I remember us always talking about him making it and I remember when local fame started knocking at our door. Fast forward nearly 13 years later and we survived the odds, but what about Grace and Ian? Is his love for her enough for him to pick up the pieces as fame swallows him up? Is her love for him enough to save him? This book follows a real life feeling and situation to me. I loved it so much. I loved, laughed, cried, and picked up pieces with Grace. 



I gave it 5 stars!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your review! I'm so touched that you were able to connect with Grace's story the way you did. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to review your book. I was so wonderfully surprised with my connection to the story. I can not wait to find out what happens next with Grace. <3

      Delete